Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Boost

Boost- one of the most breakable and horrible powers of all!

For 3 points per rank, it can be used to charge up all your skills to max ranks! (Take 1 rank of each skill and now you're a master!). Or it can push all your stats to full.

Discount Spending
Of course, the best use is to buy out your powers with a bunch of extras, then 3 point boost to power them all up at once, and get a huge discount on your powers. Sure, they can be nullified, but it's still cheaper to use boost this way.

Minions
Have a minion who's a PL below you? Not if you boost him up!
Have a bunch of normals or minions? Now they're attacking at YOUR power level!

Break Limits: Extra effort with boost to break power level limits. There's a problem!

Extras: Boost gives extra power points to use- so you can boost your normal powers to just gain extras or power feats AS NEEDED.

Power God: For 2 power points per rank you can effectively use boost to grant any person any power!

Immunity- I have rank 1 immunity to critical hits. Now, thanks to boost (3 points per rank) I am immune to whatever I need to be!

Alternate Power- I'll use 3 point per rank boost to max out my skills (slow fade), then alternate power to the one that maxes out my powers (1 more rank for alt power), then switch over to the one that maxes my stats. Then I'll just switch to my 2 point per rank that gives me whatever powers I need whenever. I'm awesome! Because it's a fades power it doesn't turn off automatically when you switch to an alternate power!

Flawless- You can boost to remove flaws rather than gain extras or PL. Got a power that only works on women? Not anymore! What's more- you only need to boost 1 point to give the alternate power feat to switch the power to one with a different flaw at identical cost. Now it only works on men! Yay!

My Power Level- not yours!- So you can boost someone based on your power level. Did that guy trade off attack rolls for more damage? Here comes BOOSTER to pull his attack power right back to where it belongs. You've turned a tradeoff into just a damage increase! Hell, your sidekick could be the booster and this would be perfectly fine.

Of course, everyone knows how horrible boost is already- but I thought I'd just mention these things.Why would you ever buy 5 point per rank boost, when you can buy 3 points per ranks and use alternate powers to switch to other versions to fully boost up.

Then of course, there's

TURBO BOOST: Buy boost at rank 1. I boost the boost- now it's rank 2. I boost my boost to rank 3 (1 + 2), then to rank 4 (1+3), and so forth until my boost is at max power level- then I boost my other powers with the boost. Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment